Gone are the days when you could simply buy a regular baseball bat and hand it over to your kid. The best youth baseball bats are what you need for your kids today. With different lengths, materials, and brand names to choose from, selecting the best one in the market is not an easy task. Games have become a quintessential part of a kid’s life, both inside and outside of school, Therefore, choosing a good bat with all the required features becomes mandatory to make sure their performance does not falter. Different factors like barrel diameter, size, weight, and performance need to be considered before making a choice. To begin with, selecting the best one might seem like a tough task but this review on some of the best bats will help you to choose the right one for you.
Here is a basic comparison of the top three best youth baseball bats in the market.
** All prices and ratings mentioned in this article are accurate at the time of publishing and may change with time.
Top 3 Best Youth Baseball Bats Reviews
Baseball is one of the most popular and competitive sports played today. One should always have the right training as well as the appropriate equipment to get that professional edge. For those who are learning to play the game, they will be able to perform well only if they are trained with the right set of equipment. So choosing a baseball bat should be done with utmost care. Choose the one suitable from the three reviewed below.
#1 – Easton YB15MK MAKO COMP -11 Youth Baseball Bat Review — The Best Easton Bat
Easton 2015 YB15MK MAKO COMP -11 Youth Baseball Bat is an excellent choice your budding player. With a two-piece composite design and ConneXion technology, it makes sure there are no vibrations when you hold the handle as well as transfers all the pressure applied towards hitting the ball. It also comes with a massive sweet spot and unmatched speed in swings due to the use of TCT Thermo Composite Technology. Its ultra – thin 29/32” model comes with a diamond grip for better comfort and grip at the handle as opposed to pro track grip in some models. The swing is balanced and gives extremely low M.O.I. The sleek orange/white color of the bat also makes it look stylish on the field.
It comes with some of the best features.
- It is a two-piece fully composite construction for good handling and swing.
- The swing is balanced and allows a very low M.O.I.
- It comes with Connexion technology which maximizes the energy transfer and eliminates any vibration.
- The TCT Thermo Composite Technology gives unmatched speed and massive sweet spot.
- The diamond grip provides more edge and comfort.
- It is USSSA 1.15 BPF Certified.
- It comes in six different sizes and weight.
This bat is designed specifically for the best player and with a balanced swing which gives low M.O.I and the ConneXion and TCT Technology makes sure the bat is light weight and focuses all the power applied on hitting the ball with the fastest speed in the swing. The -11 drop provides a quicker swing than the average bat. Getting this -11 drop with the power it possesses is not a common feature in other bats.
Being made with a two – piece fully composite construction, it provides more flex than one – piece bats. The bat is lighter yet stronger giving new players the edge to perform on the field with good speed swings and an increased hit at the sweet spot.
THE WINNERS: THE BEST YOUTH BASEBALL BAT IN 2015
#2 – Easton YB15MKX MAKO XL COMP -10 Youth Baseball Bat Review- The Best For Beginners
Easton YB15MKX MAKO XL COMP -10 Youth Baseball Bat provides an edge that is not available in others. With its biggest barrel, one can swing quite fast and produce a good amount of power while hitting. It is a two-piece bat with TCT (Thermo Composite Technology) which gives a speed that is unmatched and offers a straight hit on the sweet spot. It also offers an ultra – thin 29/32” handle with diamond grip. For beginners with the composite technology the bat does not feel heavier and reduces any trembling or vibration at the handle ensuring that there is a full impact on hitting the ball. Further, the sleek orange/white color gives it a stylish appearance.
A host of features is packed into this Easton YB15MKX MAKO XL COMP -10 Youth Baseball Bat
- The swing weight is loaded at the end so that it is built for giving power.
- It is a composite bat with a standard aluminum exterior and graphite interior.
- It has a monster barrel length and a massive sweet spot.
- Its TCT Thermo Composite Technology provides unmatched speed and a good hit at the sweet spot.
- Two-piece composite construction.
- Diamond grip provides more power and control.
- It is USSSA certified 1.15 BPF.
- It comes in six different sizes and weight.
Being made with TCT Thermo Composite Technology, maximum power is used which makes each hit very smooth. This technology combined with the diamond grip will not let any power go to waste. With a monster barrel and being light weight in nature, there is no trembling when holding the handle and it gives lower M.O.I. The player is bound to get a world-class performance with this bat.
The two-piece construction of a composite handle and an alloy interior provides the right edge to batting. It gives a sturdy feel to the player as well as the fact that it is lightweight helps in providing more speed in the swing. But it is a little heavier than the regular Mako Youth Bats.
#3 – Easton YB14S500 S500 Youth Baseball Bat Review – The Best For The Price
Easton YB14S500 S500 Youth Baseball Bat is a good choice for those who want a speedier swing at the hitting zone. This is an all-aluminium bat made with lightweight aircraft alloy which is strong and offers faster swing. Its handle is tapered, and the ultra-thin 29/32” handle supports a pro track grip which gives a cushioned feel. This lightweight alloy bat allows a beginner to hit close to the “sweet spot” so that they get a powerful pitch. The sleek colors of the bat make it stand out amidst others. This bat is perfect for casual plays, school matches and even for a serious league.
Easton YB14S500 comes with a lot of attractive features
- It is made of one piece construction of Aluminium alloy.
- It has a balanced swing weight which gives rapid speed
- Get the cushiony feel from the ultra-thin 29/32” tapered handle.
- It is lightweight and is made of durable 7050 Aircraft alloy for amazing swing speed.
- Pro Track grip gives ultimate comfort and control.
- It is USSSA certified 1.15 BPF.
- It comes in five different sizes and weight.
Being a part of the SPEED Brigade series, the players will experience a good boost to their swing speed as well as the power they produce. For a beginner, he is sure to hit close to the sweet spot and get great pitching.
Being made from Aluminium and lightweight aircraft alloy, it is strong, and its handle is also durable giving it a comfortable grip. The aluminum alloy helps to add to the durability of the bat, and this requires no breaking-in period.
The Best Youth Baseball Bat for a budding hitter is the Easton 2015 YB15MK MAKO COMP -11. It will help him to play like a star on the field. With the two – piece composite construction and TCT and Connexion technology, it provides quicker and balanced swing at a good speed with a massive sweet spot. The Easton YB15MKX MAKO XL COMP -10 Youth Baseball Bat is similar to this in all aspects except that it supports a wider monster barrel and the swing is towards one end for applying maximum power. Whereas the Easton YB14S500 is a good bat at a lesser range, but it has a single piece construction and does not offer the advantages of a two-piece bat.
** All prices and ratings mentioned in this article are accurate at the time of publishing.
The Ultimate Buyers Guide For Choosing The Best Youth Baseball Bat
If you are buying a youth baseball bat for the first time, you should not only know about your child’s hitting ability but also have knowledge of the league rules in which your child is playing. Apart from these accepted rules of play for choosing a bat, certain other criteria like the age, height, and weight of your child also play an important role in selecting a suitable bat.
- League rules: The bat should meet all the parameters of the approved length, material, barrel size and a knob. Get in touch with the coach to know this information before you buy a bat. Always buy a bat that is a certified USSSA of 1.15 BPF. This is the bat performance factor which indicates how fast the ball comes off the bat.
- Length: According to the age, weight, and height of your child you should choose the size of the bat. Also based on the skill level, a longer or shorter bat than the one recommended for the child can be chosen.
- Material: You can choose from wood or metal. Metal bats are light weight and easier to use. They give a swifter swing and a massive sweet spot. Further, they don’t require a break-in period. For the period of training, some players prefer a wood bat for getting a hold of handling the weight and switch to metal ones during actual play.
- Barrel: It is the area with which your child will hit the ball. A larger or wider barrel will make it easier to get in contact with the ball, but it makes the bat heavier. If your child can wield a heavier bat and swing it fast, get him one with a big barrel for making more hits otherwise choose a smaller barrel if he can’t handle the weight.
- Handles: Thicker handles can give more stability while thinner handles can give quick hand movements. Based on your league requirement, you may sometimes need a knob at the handle for more grips.
- Drop: It is the ratio of weight to length and may range from -7 to -13.5 for youth bats. A higher drop means lighter bats, a bat in the range of -10 to -12 should be ideal for league players.
nytimes.com : Washington Nationals Use Baseball as a Beacon of Hope at Youth Academy
justbats.com : JustBats.com Youth Bat Buyers Guide
homerunmonkey.com : Bat Buying Guide: How to Choose a Bat
ebay.com : 2015 Easton YB15MK “Mako” Youth Baseball Bat 28/17
bizrate.com : Easton MAKO Youth 31″ Baseball Catcher’s Mitt MKY 2